Protect your client’s intellectual property
Everybody’s searching for the next great business idea. And if your clients think they’ve found it, make sure you can help them protect their newly discovered intellectual property, whether it’s an invention, a trade secret, a work of art, or a reputation.
Nearly every business has intellectual property (IP), but some may not realize it. Identifying and protecting the IP of your business clients is an important job that takes familiarity with the pertinent laws. Intellectual Property Law fulfills that need for Wisconsin practitioners.
Know what can be protected, and how to do it
Intellectual property rights subject to protection and to licensing come in a variety of forms, rights that may be created under federal and state law, or under the laws of other nations. Intellectual Property Law is one of the few books that brings together the many facets of IP law in Wisconsin. It provides the guidance you need to:
- Understand what can and can’t be copyrighted
- Review the impact and application of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998
- Advise clients on trademark care and enforcement . . . especially in this technological age of cybersquatting and other high-tech encroachments
- Protect patents by studying a sample patent application, and discussion of enforcement tools and infringement penalties
- Lock down trade secrets by taking advantage of valuable insights, proposed policies, and a checklist
- Know how to proceed if a client’s identity is used improperly for commercial gain
- Find out the basics of agreements, royalties, and risks in technology licensing
- Learn the ways in which Wisconsin restricts false advertising
Organized to save you time
You’ll find that Intellectual Property Law is packed with relevant case law, time-saving practice tips, checklists, cautions, caveats, sample language, and practice guides. Citation is easy with a table of cases, a table of statutes, regulations, and rules, plus a complete index. You’ll also appreciate the standard system of internal section numbering for easy cross-reference.
Provide greater value to your existing clients and increase the value of your practice to potential clients. Order today!