- Comply with statutory requirements to accept GAL appointments
- Apply a behavior-specific analysis to determine whether abuse is occurring
- Understand the effects of different types of abuse on children
- Assess options for placement of children when abuse is present
- Learn how to incorporate findings of abuse into your final recommendation
- Advance the best interests of children in vulnerable situations
- Guardians ad litem for children
- Family law attorneys
- Juvenile court attorneys
- Probate attorneys
- Attorneys who want to start taking GAL appointments
- Judges and court commissioners making custody and placement determinations
- General practitioners
The Guardian ad Litem Handbook
Seminar attendees will enjoy a free two-week trial of Books UnBound® title and an invitation to save 20% on either a 1-year subscription to the Books UnBound title or purchase of The Guardian ad Litem Handbook print book.* Wisconsin’s most comprehensive guide to being a guardian ad litem explains the challenges, the variety of roles and situations, and the proceedings that GALs encounter.
*Attendees will receive information to access the free trial and discount via email after attending the program. Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.