Nick Toman is the Managing Attorney of the housing division at the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee. He graduated from Marquette Law School in 2008. He began his work at the Legal Aid Society in 2009 as an Equal Justice Works Fellow representing homeowners facing foreclosure before focusing on eviction defense. He received a BA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and served two years in the Peace Corps before law school.
Francesca E. Voci is a Staff Attorney with the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee housing division. Francesca is a graduate of Marquette Law School class of 2022, and of the 2022-2023 G. Lane Ware Leadership Academy. As part of the EvictionFreeMKE project, Francesca handles a caseload of 100+ evictions in Milwaukee County. Prior to becoming a Wisconsin attorney, Francesca earned an M.A. in Gender and Race Studies and instructed Women’s Studies courses at the University of Alabama.
- Understand the basic elements of an eviction
- Recognize common affirmative defenses to eviction
- Review recent changes to the law to consider when defending a tenant in eviction proceedings
- Explore eviction defenses for tenants in housing programs
- Real estate lawyers
- Lawyers representing tenants
- General practitioners