Endorsed by the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Let’s make it personal
Personal injury cases are complex, presenting many challenges, layers, deadlines, and moving parts. Regardless of your experience level, keeping a personal injury practice on track requires familiarity with substantive law along with extensive tactical know-how.
At Handling a Personal Injury Case from Start to Finish, veteran trial lawyers walk you through a typical case, covering angles from the plaintiff and defense perspectives. Receive practical advice for:
- Screening clients
- Determining the need for expert witnesses
- Evaluating your case’s strengths
- Filing notices and claims
- Conducting discovery
- Handling subrogation
- Preparing for mediation
Trial without error
While many cases are resolved through mediation, you have to be ready for those that do go to trial. Polish up your courtroom skills with an overview of effective trial tactics, including:
- Jury selection
- Direct and cross examination
- Opening and closing arguments
- Presenting evidence
Get insider tips on:
- Understanding medical records
- Finding and applying local rules
- Working with opposing counsel
- And much more!
Samples make it simple
Explore ways to avoid malpractice claims in what can be a risky practice area. Plus, you’ll receive a trove of course materials including sample documents you can use in your practice, such as:
- Client intake forms
- Authorization forms
- Letters of retainer and representation
- Informative letters for clients
- Form to obtain complete information from law enforcement
- Disengagement letter
- Forms for interacting with health insurers
- Sample demand letter
- Subrogation spreadsheet
- And more!
Handling a Personal Injury Case from Start to Finish gives everything you need to start or improve your personal injury practice.
All portions of this program will be prerecorded at an earlier date.