Danielle Tierney is a Senior Associate Attorney at Axley, where she focuses her practice on a variety of civil law areas, including commercial litigation, agricultural litigation, contractual and collection disputes, municipal litigation, and insurance defense matters.
A three-year Dean’s List recipient, Ms. Tierney graduated at the top of her class from U.W. Law School. After completing her law degree, Ms. Tierney practiced at a small firm in Middleton, WI, where she had previously clerked. In her early years of practice, Ms. Tierney first-chaired a personal injury jury trial; second-chaired bench trials and jury trials involving agricultural, contractual, and defamation issues; handled countless depositions, motion hearings, and small claims matters; and argued two cases before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2018, Ms. Tierney was named an “Up and Coming Lawyer” by the Wisconsin Law Journal.
During law school, Ms. Tierney worked as a Clinical Law Student for the Wisconsin Economic Justice Institute, where she represented clients with consumer law claims in state and federal courts. In addition, Ms. Tierney also served as the Senior Managing Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal.
- Discover the telecommuting legal issues that your employer clients should be aware of
- Receive suggestions for language to include in telecommuting policies
- Learn strategies for minimizing the risk of overtime liability for nonexempt remote employees
- Understand the risks involved with remote workers’ use of cell phones and unsecured Wi-Fi
- Limit fraudulent or unsubstantiated worker's comp claims through telecommuting policies
- Labor and employment attorneys
- Civil litigators
- Worker's compensation lawyers