Open the door to insights
Recently passed Wisconsin Act 317 brings 8½ pages of changes to landlord-tenant laws. And with more households renting now than at any point in the last 50 years, this new law will impact a huge number of people on both sides of the rental agreement.
Cleaning House: Changes to Landlord-Tenant Law Under WI Act 317 analyzes the many modifications Act 317 brings into effect as of April 18, 2018. Receive an organized overview of the law's key components along with guidance for preparing your practice.
Discover differences in:
- Credit and background checks on rental applicants
- Allowable application fees
- Contested evictions
- Emergency assistance
- And more
Plus, find out when electronic delivery of information to tenants is permitted.
Remember the "emotional support peacock" that was denied entrance onto a flight? To prevent tenants from pushing the emotional support animal (ESA) envelope too far, Act 317 is laying down the law on what's allowable and what's not when it comes to both ESAs and service animals.
Learn what newly created Wis. Stat. Section 106.50 says regarding:
- Discrimination against disabled people with service or emotional support animals
- Proper documentation a landlord may require and request
- Situations when a landlord may deny the keeping of a service animal or ESA
- Responsibility for damage caused by the animal
Knock, knock – it's knowledge
Don't be left out in the cold. Find out how Act 317 will affect your clients and cases with help from Cleaning House: Changes to Landlord-Tenant Law Under WI Act 317.