Trustworthy ethics advice
Amended Supreme Court Rules effective July 1, 2023 mean changes for the lawyer trust accounting process. Ensure your practice is in compliance with insights and guidance from Lawyer Trust & Fiduciary Account Basics 2023.
The State Bar’s Law Practice Assistance Manager, Ethics Counsel, and the Administrator of the Office of Lawyer Regulation (OLR) Trust Account Program will explain everything you need to know about properly holding client and third-party funds in connection with representation.
In this info-packed program, you’ll receive pointers and guidance on:
- How to open a trust or fiduciary account
- Funds that must be held in a trust or fiduciary account (and those that must not be)
- The Supreme Court rules and OLR guidelines for recordkeeping
- Creating, reconciling, and saving documents in compliance with guidelines
- Recent changes to the Supreme Court Rules regarding trust accounts
Every attorney needs to have a thorough understanding of trust and fiduciary accounts, including how to use them ethically and responsibly. So, don’t miss Lawyer Trust & Fiduciary Account Basics 2023.