Settle it once and for all
Representing personal injury or worker’s compensation clients who have Medicare? You already know your settlements need to comply with the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, but compliance isn’t always straightforward. Many lawyers encounter snags and pain points that cause delay.
The good news is you CAN overcome the confusion. Medicare Set-Asides: What NOT to Do is here to help you solve Medicare Secondary Payer mysteries. Attorney and Medicare compliance professional Aaron Frederickson will show you how to determine whether to use a Medicare Set-Aside (MSA) as early as your case evaluation. He will also provide sound guidance on:
- Proper review of an allocation
- Avoiding needless MSA submissions
- Handling cases that fall below the threshold
- Distinguishing between Medicare “waivers” and “zero allocations”
- Steps to take to reduce allocations
You’ll come away with solid steps for handling your next settlement. Ensure smooth sailing for your clients with the strategies for success you’ll find at Medicare Set-Asides: What NOT to Do.