Expert strategies for your next deposition
Be brief. Use short questions, plain words. Ask only leading questions.
Do these rules sound awfully familiar to you? For decades, trial lawyers have learned the art of trial advocacy from the legendary “Ten Commandments of Cross-Examination” by Irving Younger.1
In Winning at Deposition, distinguished presenter Shane Read will explain why these heavily referenced commandments may be wrong for your case and show you more effective techniques for fine-tuning your approach. This hybrid program will offer the best of both words — popular excerpts from Shane’s 2019 appearance in Milwaukee, followed by a remote presentation and Q&A with Shane in the afternoon.
The morning portion of this high-energy program will feature Shane’s dynamic presentation from 2019 in Milwaukee. His entertaining delivery will provide a nice switch-up in your daily lineup of video appearances. You will:
- Know how to spot the key issues in your case and develop a winning strategy
- Discover new techniques to get the answers you need from an adverse witness every time
- Explore three techniques to use with witnesses who dodge questions
- Learn six steps to improve your chances of success against argumentative counsel
- Understand the most effective ways to utilize a deposition at trial
For the afternoon portion of the program, Shane will join remotely from his home base in Texas to give you tips for:
- Adequately preparing a witness for a remote deposition
- Lessening your anxiety when questioning expert witnesses
- Leveraging the latest behavioral science data to win
- Utilizing multiple cameras to make your case
To learn why the conventional wisdom about deposition tactics is wrong — and to avoid the biggest mistakes lawyers make — be sure to attend Winning at Deposition Featuring Shane Read.