Earn CLE in Scotland
This June, earn CLE while exploring Scotland’s historically rich and charming landscape. During this four-night, five-day program, local experts will offer in-depth commentary on Scotland’s legal system, history, architecture, cuisine, and more.
Law & Culture: Scotland, UK is made possible by a partnership between six participating bar associations and CLE AbroadTM, a licensed California-based travel company. The 2020 Collective will consist of State Bar members from Colorado, Iowa, Indiana, Missouri, Connecticut, and Wisconsin.
During your journey through Scotland, you (and your guests) will have the opportunity to:
- Relish the 5-star accommodations at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, the country’s most renowned urban spa.
- Visit Scotland’s high Courts and Parliament. Learn about the country’s unique political system, Scotland’s views on Brexit, and make meaningful comparisons to the American legal system.
- Enjoy guided walking tours of Old Town Edinburgh and the Royal Mile, Stirling Castles, and Glasgow. Witness the wonderfully varied landscape, from the rugged slopes of the Highlands to the country’s picturesque coastline.
- Experience one of Scotland’s best haggis, and enjoy locally-sourced, traditional cuisine. (Eight group meals are included).
- Visit attractions like the world-famous William Wallace Memorial and the historic fortress that dominates the skyline of the capital, Edinburgh Castle.
- Stop at the University of Dundee’s Forensic Science Department to hear how novel techniques are revolutionizing criminal cases in Scotland.
- Participate in optional activities like an excursion to St. Andrews – a historic medieval town known for its many golf courses – and/or a guided tour and whisky tasting at Glenkinchie Distillery.
Explore Scottish history and culture firsthand with Law & Culture: Scotland, UK!
Your itinerary is set
You don’t have to plan a thing! The program includes built-in flexibility, so you can explore the pedestrian-friendly streets of the capital on your own, but otherwise, you can relax by knowing your itinerary has been taken care of. Your trip includes air-conditioned ground transportation, a full-time tour escort, and specialized local guides along the journey.
Deposits due March 2 – don’t miss out!
Space is limited, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. A deposit is required to hold your place and must be received by March 2, 2020.
*The program will be submitted to the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for up to 8 CLE Credits.