Timothy J. Pierce
State Bar of Wisconsin
Keith L. Sellen
Office of Lawyer Regulation
State Bar of Wisconsin
8:00 a.m. : Registration
8:30 a.m. : Assessment Intro, Developing Competent Practices and Client Communications
- Background and purpose of the law firm assessment
- Do you have the necessary skills, financial resources, and infrastructure to represent clients?
- Communicating the scope of the representation, fees, and complying with established procedures
9:20 a.m. : Confidentiality and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Establishing policies and procedures for client confidentiality
- Preventing, identifying, and remediating breaches
- Establishing processes to identify and resolve conflicts
10:10 a.m. : Break
10:25 a.m. : File and Law Firm Management
- File management, security, and retention policies
- Safeguards for cloud computing
- Business continuity and disaster planning
- Opening, managing, and closing law firms
- Hiring, supervision, and termination of staff
11:15 a.m. : Charging Appropriate Fees and Trust Account Practices
- Identifying clients, establishing proper fee agreements, and outlining the scope of a representation
- Creating a trust account, ensuring compliance with Wisconsin Supreme Court Rules, and enacting policies and procedures
12:05 a.m. : Program Concludes
Following program start times, webcast replay schedule will vary slightly from above listed times.
- Identify needed improvements in your firm’s policies, procedures, training, and management
- Improve your firm’s compliance with the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Increase client satisfaction and reduce grievances and malpractice claims
- Get tips for establishing measurable policies and procedures to track your firm’s progress
- Solo and small firm lawyers
- Law firm management
- Any lawyer seeking to improve firm management and reduce malpractice claims
Book Sale – Save 20%
Wisconsin Ethics Opinions
Save 20% on Wisconsin Ethics Opinions. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books UnBound® version.* Find the complete text of opinions issued by the State Bar’s Standing Committee on Professional Ethics since 1954.
Use discount code CA3006 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.