Endorsed by the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Insights from the pros
Learn about worker’s comp medical conditions from the specialists who treat them. Hear from experienced attorneys on how injuries play out in the worker's comp system. Discover how medical testimony is considered in worker’s comp hearings from an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). You’ll find it all at the 23rd Annual Advanced Worker’s Compensation Symposium.
Fee schedule facts
Balancing between what doctors wish to charge and insurance companies want to pay is what fee schedules attempt to do. Find out the story behind medical fee schedules in Wisconsin and how Wisconsin compares to regional and national trends.
The Wisconsin Medical Society’s CEO and the general counsel for the Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Rating Bureau will discuss:
- Why insurance premiums, costs per claim, and frequency rates are all down in Wisconsin – and how this compares nationally
- Why worker’s comp claims are more complicated for doctors than treating other injuries
Injury mechanics and treatments
Dig deeper into the issues and impacts of on-the-job back and knee damage.
- Discover the latest techniques for minimally invasive spine surgery
- Know the potential restrictions resulting from spine surgery and how they can affect a worker
- Understand the symptoms warranting knee replacements
- Learn about innovative knee replacement therapies and their recovery times
In addition, physical therapists will explain their role in worker’s comp and demonstrate a Waddell signs exam and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Winning worker’s comp wisdom
Join us at the premier seminar on medical conditions in worker's comp cases. Don’t miss this unique chance to hear from doctors, lawyers, and an ALJ.