*This program is endorsed by the Labor & Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Let’s get to work
From health care reform to overtime rules, there’s always something changing that could impact employers, employees, or both. Whether it’s tiny tweaks or major modifications in the world of employment law, the Employment Law Update 2017 is here to help you stay updated and prepared to face them. Take a closer look at two key workplace issues:
- Social media: Discover solutions for protecting corporate information and ensuring privacy
- Disability discrimination: Explore disability discrimination in Wisconsin under the lens of the WFEA
Hiring process hazards
When your client is ready to make a hire, are they setting themselves up for a lawsuit down the road? The hiring process is full of potential claims just waiting to happen. Help your clients steer clear of pitfalls in:
- Drug testing
- Arrest or conviction records
- Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Background checks and complying with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
What’s up in wage and hour?
It’s been a rocky road for the Department of Labor in its attempts to enact new overtime rules. Find out the latest status of these rules and what you can be doing to help your clients prepare for a variety of outcomes. In addition, learn about Wisconsin law changes on the horizon. Plus, discover answers to questions like:
- What’s the status of class action waivers for wage claims?
- How should you use statistical evidence post-Tyson Foods v. Bouaphekeo?
- What are the most common violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act from 2017?
Find your way
Whether you represent employees or employers, discover the practical implications of the evolving laws and legislation affecting today’s workplaces at Employment Law Update 2017.