Add to Calendar
6/6/2023 8:30:00 AM
6/6/2023 11:45:00 AM
Fee Agreements, Credit Card Payments, and Trust Account Obligations 2023
It pays to adhere to ethics rules
With the widespread availability of payment methods like banking apps, contactless credit cards, and auto pay, today’s consumers expect convenient payment options. Your clients are no exception. If you plan to or currently accept these types of payments, make sure you understand transaction fees, processing options, and how Supreme Court Rule changes in effect July 1, 2023 affect your duties regarding trust accounts.
At Fee Agreements, Credit Card Payments & Trust Account Obligations 2023, the State Bar’s Law Practice Assistance Manager, Ethics Counsel, and the Administrator of the Office of Lawyer Regulation (OLR) Trust Account Program will explain how you can collect payment from clients without breaking the rules.
Attorneys of all experience levels will benefit from understanding:
5302 Eastpark Blvd. Madison, WI 53718
- Newly amended Supreme Court Rules on e-banking and trust accounts
- The ins and outs of various types of fee agreements
- The difference between fees and costs
- Ethical obligations related to electronic payments
- Appropriate payment processing protocols
- Options for accepting credit card payments