8:00 a.m. : Registration
8:30 a.m. : Case Law/Administrative/Fair Hearing Decisions Update
Jon Fischer, Kristine J. Williams
9:20 a.m. : Hot Topics
- Visitation cases
- Statutory changes
Dayna J. Lefebvre
9:50 a.m. : Ethical Conundrums
- Representing a 3rd party in a guardianship
- Sharing information with children of your client
Brenda R. Haskins
10:50 a.m. :Break
11:05 a.m. : Panel Discussion: Finding Resources on the Internet
- Internet sites/handbooks; useful links; operations memos
- Hints and tips to help your clients
Gregory J. Banchy, Carol J. Wessels
11:50 a.m. : Lunch
12:50 p.m. : Calculating Cost Shares
- How is the income maintenance worker trained?
- How is the cost share calculated?
- How can you assist your client in this process?
2:00 p.m. : Factual Introduction to Family Care and IRIS
- What is the IRIS program?
- How is IRIS different from Family Care?
2:20 p.m. : IRIS – Practical Questions – Understanding the Intricacies
- Who would want to consider IRIS?
- How are budgets calculated?
- How do you ask for a budget increase?
- Dealing with issues such as “natural support”
Erica Andres, Molly Bandt, Tina Miller, Kate Schilling
3:00 p.m. : Break
3:15 p.m. : Panel Discussion – Long-Term Care Community Waivers
- Your opportunity to ask our panel any and all questions you have regarding MCOs and IRIS
Erica Andres, Molly Bandt, Tina Miller, Kara Ponti, Kate Schilling
4:00 p.m. : Program Concludes
Following program start times, webcast replay schedule will vary slightly from above listed times.