Beyond counting change
In the event of a loved one’s passing, families can be overwhelmed by settling an estate and can’t make heads or tails of what to do with collections that have been left behind. If coin collections aren’t properly appraised, they can easily be undervalued and sold for pennies on the dollar. On the flip side, if families are aware of a collection’s potential worth, family feuds can tie up an estate in court for years.
The value of accurate appraisals
At Handling Coin Collections & Estates, professional numismatist Andrew Kimmel will help you understand why it’s critical to retain a qualified expert to obtain accurate appraisals of assets. You’ll review:
- The difference between a collection and an accumulation
- The appraisal process and important considerations
- Methods for dividing a coin collection when no division is stipulated
- Approaches for handling a dispute between family members
- Sales options, including dealers and auctions
- Why it’s important to properly document and store a coin collection
Whether you’re dealing with cases of bankruptcy, divorce, or probate, don’t bank on your knowledge of the rare coin market. Register nowand help your clients receive their fair share!
Looking to become a successful coin collector?
As a special bonus, Kimmel will also divulge his “Top Ten Rules for Coin Collecting.”