Endorsed by the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Your probate primer
Nearly 60 percent of people die without an estate plan. 1 For them, probate is inevitable. Adding probate proceedings on top of the grief of losing a family member can make a loved one's death overwhelming for families.
Handling a Basic Probate leads you through the probate process, giving you the knowledge to guide clients through one of life’s most challenging times.
Probate made practical
Understand what to do at every step — starting with the client conference and initiation of the estate all the way to the final accounting, closing, and distribution. Discover best practices to:
- Begin the probate process
- Choose formal vs. informal probate
- Give sufficient notice to potential creditors
- Deal with feuding family members
- Use the correct forms
- Handle claims made against the estate
- Manage necessary tax issues and filings
Hear a panel of experienced practitioners share real-world advice for making probate as painless as possible for all involved. Register today!