Keeping it in the family
A family-run business enjoys many advantages over other organizations. But it can also fall prey to a host of potential problems without good legal counsel.
The 3rd Annual Family Business Update shows you how to keep your clients’ organizations running smoothly while steering clear of litigation. It takes a closer look at key topics such as:
- Important insurance issues
- Shareholder litigation strategies
- Common ethical questions
All the latest developments
Learn lessons from recent court decisions about:
- Solving the math of personal guaranties
- Avoiding arbitration clause litigation
- Protecting the business from a family vendetta
Find out what the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act means for:
- Qualified income business deductions
- Expense deductions for business assets
- Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI)
- Itemized deductions
Breaking down barriers
A wife inherits a stake in the family company but no voting rights. A female stakeholder with no decision-making authority is a common example of the barriers facing women in family businesses.
Our panel of successful female business owners explores the factors you may not even realize are preventing women from acquiring authority in the family business context. Plus, learn how to stop perpetuating inequality in business structure.
Want to help your clients do business better? Register today!