Develop your real estate knowledge
It’s a wild ride in real estate these days. Tight housing inventory means agents are hustling for listings and buyers must move with lightning speed to snap up available homes. In addition, new case law and statutes continue to shift the world of real estate.
With so many moving pieces moving so quickly, it’s natural to have lots of questions. The Annual Real Estate Update 2018 has answers.
Review recent case law and discover best practices for:
- Using the new multi-factor test for assessing land when challenging a taking
- Providing the required documentation when a property owner dies
- Protecting yourself from title fraud liability
- Keeping a vacation home or property in the family
- Avoiding ethical pitfalls
The real deal on renting
A tight housing market means more renters, so it’s a good time to receive a rundown on Wisconsin’s new landlord-tenant law and take a look at hot topics like:
- Discrimination issues
- Emotional support animals
- Short-term rentals (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.)
If your client’s unhappy with their property tax assessment, the local Board of Review (BOR) is the first stop on the path to an appeal.
- Explore how BORs operate
- Discover how recent statutory changes impact local BORs
- Learn the necessary steps for appealing a property assessment