Open for business
Are you thinking about starting your own law firm? Hanging your own shingle is an exciting, but potentially anxiety-inducing, prospect. And while law school is great at teaching you to think like a lawyer, it’s usually not the best place to learn how to start or run a business.
Running a business and practicing law require different skills and present different challenges, but it’s not impossible to succeed at both. At Best Practices for Opening a Law Firm 2023, join State Bar of Wisconsin Law Practice Assistance Manager Christopher Shattuck to learn the practical steps you need to take when you’re opening a new firm. He’ll discuss:
- Choosing the appropriate business entity for your firm
- Malpractice insurance and registration requirements
- Complying with new trust account rules effective July 1, 2023
- Selecting hardware and case management software
- Helpful resources that will keep you current
Mr. Shattuck will deliver the insight you need to jump the hurdles you may encounter. When it’s time to open for business, you’ll be better prepared with the advice you’ll receive at Best Practices for Opening a Law Firm 2023.