On July 1, AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services came together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community. POSITION OVERVIEW:
The individual assists the Legal team in rendering legal advice to team members on business and legal issues. The incumbent researches statutes, regulations and court decisions. The Paralegal makes recommendations; helps resolve issues; drafts contracts, resolutions and other basic legal documents; and prepares various legal documents for review. TITLE:
Mankato, Apple Valley, or Rochester, Minn. or Sun Prairie, Wis. or Normal, Ill.
• Serves as a resource for the Legal team in drafting legal documents and correspondence and other duties/projects, as assigned;
• Drafts transactional and servicing documents for complex loan structures;
• Advises the closing department on complex transactions and maintains a thorough working knowledge of marketplace standards and complex transaction structures;
• Reviews subpoenas, drafts subpoena response letters, conducts and/or organizes searches for responsive records, communicates with opposing counsel, and handles routine litigation (e.g., condemnation actions, tax levies, and routine foreclosures);
• Works directly with team members in the Lending Services-Risk Asset Unit in monitoring and processing pre-foreclosure notices;
• Updates and distributes spreadsheets for pre-foreclosure notices and upcoming sales, loans in redemption, cancelled contracts, and loans in replevin for Board reporting purposes;
• Maintains a tickler system for time sensitive material in order to comply with state and federal collection laws;
• Prepares packages for outside law firms to initiate foreclosure notice process, prepares sheriff sale bids, and ensures Compeer Financial's documentation is complete;
• Uses Westlaw and other sources to research FCA regulations or general legal questions; and
• Drafts memoranda analyzing case law, regulations, or statutes.
Successful candidates will have:
• An Associate’s degree in business law and Paralegal certification, or equivalent work experience;
• 5 – 9 years of experience in a legal environment, preferably in real estate law, commercial lending law, or litigation;
• Knowledge of legal issues, nature and forms of title evidence, real estate documents, Uniform Commercial Code, legal descriptions, and litigation processes;
• Basic legal knowledge, sufficient to respond appropriately to novel or complex questions which do not arise regularly;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Organizational, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required; and
• Must maintain knowledge level by continuing legal education courses and other appropriate training seminars.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, Wis., will exist to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Health Insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
• 401k (3% Compeer Financial contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Educational assistance
• Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/jobs
. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.