State Bar Center
5302 Eastpark Blvd.
8:30 A.M.- 3:15 P.M. CT
Event ID: CA2883M
2/22/2019 8:30:00 AM2/22/2019 3:15:00 PMAmerica/ChicagoHandling a Basic ProbateState Bar Center, 5302 Eastpark Blvd., 8:30 A.M.- 3:15 P.M. CT, Madison WIState Bar Center, Madison WIState Bar of Wisconsinwebmaster@wisbar.org
About the Program
Young Lawyers Division members receive a $20 discount on tuition.
The 2019 Build Your Practice series programs are proudly sponsored by:
Who should attend:
- New attorneys starting out in probate
- Established lawyers new to probate
- Experienced probate attorneys seeking a refresher
How you'll benefit:
- Receive a comprehensive overview of probate proceedings
- Know what to do at every stage in the probate process
- Understand income and inheritance tax implications
- Learn which form of accounting is best to use
Endorsed by the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Your probate primer
Nearly 60 percent of people die without an estate plan. 1 For them, probate is inevitable. Adding probate proceedings on top of the grief of losing a family member can make a loved one's death overwhelming for families.
Handling a Basic Probate leads you through the probate process, giving you the knowledge to guide clients through one of life’s most challenging times.
Probate made practical
Understand what to do at every step — starting with the client conference and initiation of the estate all the way to the final accounting, closing, and distribution. Discover best practices to:
- Begin the probate process
- Choose formal vs. informal probate
- Give sufficient notice to potential creditors
- Deal with feuding family members
- Use the correct forms
- Handle claims made against the estate
- Manage necessary tax issues and filings
Hear a panel of experienced practitioners share real-world advice for making probate as painless as possible for all involved. Register today!
Book Sale – Save 20%!
Wisconsin Probate System: Forms and Procedures Handbook
Save 20% on Wisconsin Probate System: Forms and Procedures Handbook. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books UnBound® version.* Find a comprehensive summary of the law plus sample documents for efficiently probating an estate.
Use discount code CA2883 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.