- View program schedule
- About the faculty
Young Lawyers Division members receive a $20 discount on tuition.
The 2019 Build Your Practice series programs are proudly sponsored by:
Who should attend:
- Consumer protection attorneys
- Creditor/debtor lawyers
- Civil litigators
- Business lawyers
- BICR (Bankruptcy, Insolvency, and Creditors' Rights) attorneys
- General practitioners
- Established attorneys new to consumer law
- New attorneys seeking to establish a consumer law practice
- Experienced attorneys who want a refresher in consumer law
How you'll benefit:
- Discover practical information, resources, and tips for working with consumer claims
- Learn how to use consumer protection laws to represent debtors
- Recognize claims involving automobiles and homes
- Understand new and used auto dealer liability as well as lemon laws
- Examine Wisconsin auto repossessions
Endorsed by the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Looking out for the little guy
Duped. Hoodwinked. They pulled a fast one on you. Whatever you call it, no one wants to be the victim of deceptive selling practices. Stand ready to help your clients receive fair and above-board treatment in their retail transactions.
Whether you're just starting out in consumer claims or want to update your skills, An Introduction to Consumer Law is an excellent overview of the essentials. Let our experienced presenter panel guide you through the complexities of:
- Using consumer protection laws to represent debtors
- Claims involving automobiles and homes
- Wisconsin auto repossessions
Roughly 1% of cars sold every year are lemons1 — vehicles with repeated, unfixable defects. When life gives your client a lemon, make sure they have proper recourse. Juice up your understanding of liability and lemon laws with a look into:
- The buyer's rights and options
- The automaker's and dealer’s liability
- Express written warranty and implied warranty
- Differences between new and used cars
Reinvigorate your practice with helpful tools and effective techniques for your next consumer law case. Register now!
Book Sale – Save 20%!
Commercial and Consumer Transactions in Wisconsin
Save 20% on Commercial and Consumer Transactions in Wisconsin. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books UnBound® version.* Discusses contracts, collections, consumer rights and responsibilities, internet law, and more.
Use discount code CA2878 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.