Small Claims Court: Answering Your Legal Questions
Discontinued Product Liquidation Sale – Save 50%
We’re discontinuing all Consumer Pamphlet Series titles. While supplies last, save 40% on all remaining consumer pamphlets print stock by using discount code PAMPHLET50 at checkout.*
*This discount applies ONLY to in-stock print editions of consumer pamphlets. It cannot be applied to electronic licenses, handbooks, or life planning guides. The discount also cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with other offers.
Small claims court provides an informal way to resolve minor lawsuits and other legal problems, but it requires assessing the legal and factual merits of the case, including the possibility that the defendant might file a counterclaim against you.
The information covered:
- What’s the purpose of small claims court?
- How do you sue in small claims court?
- How much does it cost to sue in small claims court?
- What is the procedure once the case is started?
- Do you need a lawyer for a small claims case?
- What happens if you win your case?
- What happens if you lose?
Last updated: 9/2012