Custody and Placement: Answering Your Legal Questions
Discontinued Product Liquidation Sale – Save 50%
We’re discontinuing all Consumer Pamphlet Series titles. While supplies last, save 30% on all remaining consumer pamphlets print stock by using discount code PAMPHLET50 at checkout.*
*This discount applies ONLY to in-stock print editions of consumer pamphlets. It cannot be applied to electronic licenses, handbooks, or life planning guides. The discount also cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with other offers.
When parents are seeking a divorce or paternity judgment, the law requires that the court provide when parents will be with their children and what decisions will be made by each parent. This consumer pamphlet helps parents understand the legal terminology, relevant laws, and court orders regarding their children's welfare.
The information covered:
- What is legal custody?
- How do joint legal custody and sole legal custody differ?
- What is physical placement?
- Is it true that the law requires that each parent have equal placement?
- Which decisions are considered routine daily decisions?
- How do custody and placement issues get resolved?
- What are my rights to information about my children?
- What happens if the other parent won’t let me see our children?
- What if I have concerns about the other parent or a stepparent?
- What happens if I refuse to let the other parent see our children?
- What happens if the other parent does not take our children as provided in the order?
- Can I move with the children?
- How do I change an existing order?
- Where can I get more information?
Last updated: 8/2013