Bankruptcy: Answering Your Legal Questions
Discontinued Product Liquidation Sale – Save 40%
We’re discontinuing all Consumer Pamphlet Series titles. While supplies last, save 40% on all remaining consumer pamphlets print stock by using discount code PAMPHLET40 at checkout.*
*This discount applies ONLY to in-stock print editions of consumer pamphlets. It cannot be applied to electronic licenses, handbooks, or life planning guides. The discount also cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with other offers.
People who are having difficulty paying their debts sometimes consider bankruptcy to obtain relief from collection efforts, eliminate some or all of their debts, or restructure their debt payments. This consumer pamphlet provides general information about bankruptcy, including the advantages and disadvantages of filing for bankruptcy.
The information covered:
- What is bankruptcy?
- Who may declare bankruptcy?
- Who is involved in bankruptcy proceedings?
- What constitutes the bankruptcy estate?
- What is Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of filing bankruptcy?
- What debts are not discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- What property may I keep in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- What is Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- Who may file Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- What procedures are involved in filing bankruptcy?
- Do I need a lawyer to file bankruptcy?
Last updated: 9/2012