13th Annual Employee Benefits Update - 2017
About the Program
Who should purchase:
- Employee benefits lawyers
- Health law attorneys
- Employment law practitioners
- Tax law attorneys
- Insurance law practitioners
- Business law attorneys
- In-house counsel
- General practitioners
How you’ll benefit:
- Explore how the current administration’s health care reforms may affect benefit plans and group health design
- Gain an understanding of the ERISA Fiduciary Rule and its impact on advisors and sponsors
- Receive an overview of Wisconsin's new Safe at Home program
- Hear a case law update on both ERISA and employee benefits cases
- Obtain an update on executive compensation
- Learn what’s changing (and what isn't) under the new Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
- Find out about the IRS determination letter overhaul and what it means for attorneys representing plan administrators
A brave new world of benefits
As the design and management of employee benefit plans grows increasingly complex, your clients depend on you more than ever for counsel. Where can you turn to find the updates and advice you need to assist your clients? The 13th Annual Employee Benefits Update provides in-depth discussion on the latest case law and regulation changes.
Reform is in the air
Employee benefits requirements are in transition as the new administration settles in. The ERISA fiduciary rule and health care reform in particular will have far-reaching impacts.
Learn the latest on the possibility of an overhaul or replacement of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and how it could affect your practice. Take a look at health reimbursement arrangements for qualified small employers and available group health design options.
In addition, find out how the expansion of the “investment advice fiduciary” definition in the ERISA Fiduciary Rule will impact you, and look at ways to ensure compliance once it’s fully enacted.
A comprehensive collection of clarifications
Stay on top of recent developments with guidance from seasoned practitioners on a variety of employee benefits plan topics, including:
- The impact for employers of Wisconsin’s new Safe at Home Program
- Administering benefit plans when an employee dies
- Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS) overview
- Executive and deferred compensation updates
- The overhaul of the IRS Determination Letter program and how you should respond
Plus, receive a detailed review of significant ERISA and employee benefit cases from the United States Supreme Court, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the federal district courts from the past year.
The only constant is change
Employee benefits practice is all about attracting, retaining, and incentivizing the best employees using compensation and benefits. The 13th Annual Employee Benefits Update is your map through the complicated rules governing this aspect of law. Purchase today!