Acts of God: Legal Issues and Disaster Preparation - AMC 2018
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
Are you and your clients prepared for disaster? Find guidance for creating or enhancing a disaster
plan. Learn what planning and management you should do prior to a calamity. Understand the legal
complications that arise after a disaster. Plus, discover tools, services, resources, and steps for
rapid recovery in the aftermath for both you and your clients.
R. Guenther, Federal Public Defenders, District of Nevada, Las Vegas; Paul E. Conrad,
U.S. Department of Homeland Security-FEMA, Washington, D.C.; Nilesh P. Patel, Day Care Council of
New York, Inc., New York, NY; Maureen Cunningham, Regional Counsel, US Department of Homeland
- FEMA’s role and authority in disasters
- Insurance claims and challenges
- Applying for and securing public benefits
- Securing and accessing key records needed for legal claims
- Disaster preparation: how to access and secure the necessities
- Self-care: dealing with the emotional aftermath of disaste