3rd Annual Family Business Update 2018
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
Who should purchase:
- Business lawyers
- Tax attorneys
- Insurance lawyers
- Business & civil litigators
How you’ll benefit:
- Stay in the know on recent legal developments in family business law
- See how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is impacting small businesses
- Learn what’s happening in the realm of insurance
- Discover how to prevent and mitigate family business blow ups
- Understand the barriers to advancement faced by female business owners
- Find out how to identify who your client is and when you can waive a conflict
Keeping it in the family
A family-run business enjoys many advantages over other organizations. But it can also fall prey to a host of potential problems without good legal counsel.
The 3rd Annual Family Business Update shows you how to keep your clients’ organizations running smoothly while steering clear of litigation. It takes a closer look at key topics such as:
- Important insurance issues
- Shareholder litigation strategies
- Common ethical questions
All the latest developments
Learn lessons from recent court decisions about:
- Solving the math of personal guaranties
- Avoiding arbitration clause litigation
- Protecting the business from a family vendetta
Find out what the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act means for:
- Qualified income business deductions
- Expense deductions for business assets
- Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI)
- Itemized deductions
Breaking down barriers
A wife inherits a stake in the family company but no voting rights. A female stakeholder with no decision-making authority is a common example of the barriers facing women in family businesses.
Our panel of successful female business owners explores the factors you may not even realize are preventing women from acquiring authority in the family business context. Plus, learn how to stop perpetuating inequality in business structure.
Want to help your clients do business better? Purchaser today!
Book Sale – Save 20%!
Wisconsin Employment Law
Save 20% on Wisconsin Employment Law. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books UnBound® version.* It clearly explains the statutes governing all aspects of private sector, non-union employment.
Use discount code CA2820 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.