69th Annual Tax School - 2018
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
Who should purchase:
- Tax law attorneys
- Business lawyers
- Estate planning & probate practitioners
- General practitioners
How you'll benefit:
- Examine the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on choice of business entity
- Gain insights into recent state and federal case law and legislative changes
- Hear about hot topics in tax procedure and ethics
- Explore state tax nexus decisions in light of South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc.
- Look at tax and estate planning considerations in drafting buy-sell provisions
- Learn the ins and outs of the Section 199A qualified business income deduction
Endorsed by the Taxation Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Keeping up with taxes
Thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, taxes are seeing a lot of action. Is your practice prepared? The 69th Annual Tax School examines recent tax law trends — including the Act — and discusses the latest planning and controversy issues.
Receive top tax training on:
- The latest state and federal tax updates
- Current ethics rules and issues
- The Section 199A deduction
- Circular 230 regulations
- IRS audit initiatives
Taxes without borders
South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. held that states can tax purchases from out-of-state sellers — even if the seller doesn’t have a physical presence in the taxing state. This is prompting companies to re-examine their state tax nexus decisions. Dig deeper into the ruling's impacts on sales tax and other state-imposed taxes with a panel from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
Explore key tax and estate planning considerations when drafting buy-sell provisions for closely-held businesses. Hear strategies to help you:
- Minimize application of the partnership audit rules
- Preserve marital deductions for estate tax purposes
- Address valuation and succession planning in drafting
The 69th Annual Tax School keeps you in-the-know on all the hottest tax topics. Purchase now!
Book Sale – Save 20%
LLCs and LLPs: A Wisconsin Handbook
Save 20% on LLCs and LLPs: A Wisconsin Handbook. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books
UnBound® version.* Help your clients plan and build organizations on firm footing with this book’s trusted guidance.
Use discount code CA2814 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be
applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.