23rd Annual Advanced Worker's Compensation Symposium - 2018
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
*Endorsed by the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Who should purchase:
- Worker’s compensation attorneys
- Personal injury lawyers
- Medical malpractice attorneys
- Employment/labor law practitioners
- Employee benefits lawyers
- Insurance law attorneys
- In-house counsel
- General practitioners
How you’ll benefit:
- Hear perspectives from doctors, experienced attorneys, and an Administrative Law Judge
- Know how minimally invasive spine surgery and knee replacements can impact your case
- Understand the challenges behind creating medical fee schedules
- Witness a Functional Capacity Evaluation demonstration
Insights from the pros
Learn about worker’s comp medical conditions from the specialists who treat them. Hear from experienced attorneys on how injuries play out in the worker's comp system. Discover how medical testimony is considered in worker’s comp hearings from an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). You’ll find it all at the 23rd Annual Advanced Worker’s Compensation Symposium.
Fee schedule facts
Balancing between what doctors wish to charge and insurance companies want to pay is what fee schedules attempt to do. Find out the story behind medical fee schedules in Wisconsin and how Wisconsin compares to regional and national trends.
The Wisconsin Medical Society’s CEO and the general counsel for the Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Rating Bureau will discuss:
- Why insurance premiums, costs per claim, and frequency rates are all down in Wisconsin – and how this compares nationally
- Why worker’s comp claims are more complicated for doctors than treating other injuries
Injury mechanics and treatments
Dig deeper into the issues and impacts of on-the-job back and knee damage.
- Discover the latest techniques for minimally invasive spine surgery
- Know the potential restrictions resulting from spine surgery and how they can affect a worker
- Understand the symptoms warranting knee replacements
- Learn about innovative knee replacement therapies and their recovery times
In addition, physical therapists will explain their role in worker’s comp and demonstrate a Waddell signs exam and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Winning worker’s comp wisdom
Join us at the premier seminar on medical conditions in worker's comp cases. Don’t miss this unique chance to hear from doctors, lawyers, and an ALJ. Purchase now for the 23rd Annual Advanced Worker’s Compensation Symposium.
Book Sale – Save 20%!
Worker’s Compensation Handbook
Save 20% on the Worker’s Compensation Handbook.* Find thorough explanations of worker’s comp law and practice, plus analysis of common situations.
Use discount code CA2738 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.