A Guide to Employment Terms and Compensation of Key Personnel in Family Businesses - 2017
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
*Endorsed by the Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
Who should purchase:
- Business law attorneys
- Civil litigators
- Employment law attorneys
- Labor and Employment Law Section members
- Estate planning lawyers
- Solo & small-firm practitioners
How you’ll benefit:
- Know the essentials of employment contracts, including confidentiality, non-competition, and severance provisions
- Learn how to best execute an employee stock ownership plan
- Discover techniques for creating retirement and benefit plans for key personnel
- Understand the importance of incentive compensation and stock appreciation rights
Nothing ventured, nothing gained
By 2017, an estimated 40.3 percent of family business owners expect to retire, creating a significant transition of ownership in the U.S.1 That means plenty of new owners in need of guidance on employment, compensation, and retirement plan issues for family employees and key non-family executives.
A Guide to Employment Terms and Compensation of Key Personnel in Family Businesses addresses these concerns so you can better counsel your clients through important decisions. It’s a special opportunity for you to learn from a variety of experienced professionals and specialists, including:
- An HR professional
- A retirement plan administrator
- A compensation analyst
Booming business tips
Leave with a better understanding of the tools available for family businesses to successfully and profitably manage both family and non-family employees. Explore how to:
- Make compensation and advancement decisions
- Use contracts and non-compete agreements to create a win-win for the business and family employees
- Conduct performance evaluations in an equitable way for family employees, officers, and directors
- Achieve phase-down and retirement security for senior generations with tax-efficient deferred compensation and non-qualified plans
Plus, discover best practices for attracting and retaining quality non-family executives using equity participation or non-equity alternatives.
An education in enterprise
Be the trusted resource family business owners can turn to for counsel when faced with employment challenges. Purchase today for A Guide to Employment Terms and Compensation of Key Personnel in Family Businesses.
Book Sale – Save 20%!
Wisconsin Employment Law
Save 20% on Wisconsin Employment Law. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books UnBound® version.* It’s the most comprehensive treatment of Wisconsin law governing private-sector, non-union employment available.
Use discount code CA2657 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.