13th Annual Employee Benefits Update - 2017
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
Who should purchase:
- Employee benefits lawyers
- Health law attorneys
- Employment law practitioners
- Tax law attorneys
- Insurance law practitioners
- Business law attorneys
- In-house counsel
- General practitioners
How you’ll benefit:
- Explore how the current administration’s health care reforms may affect benefit plans and group health design
- Gain an understanding of the ERISA Fiduciary Rule and its impact on advisors and sponsors
- Receive an overview of Wisconsin's new Safe at Home program
- Hear a case law update on both ERISA and employee benefits cases
- Obtain an update on executive compensation
- Learn what’s changing (and what isn't) under the new Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
- Find out about the IRS determination letter overhaul and what it means for attorneys representing plan administrators
A brave new world of benefits
As the design and management of employee benefit plans grows increasingly complex, your clients depend on you more than ever for counsel. Where can you turn to find the updates and advice you need to assist your clients? The 13th Annual Employee Benefits Update provides in-depth discussion on the latest case law and regulation changes.
Reform is in the air
Employee benefits requirements are in transition as the new administration settles in. The ERISA fiduciary rule and health care reform in particular will have far-reaching impacts.
Learn the latest on the possibility of an overhaul or replacement of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and how it could affect your practice. Take a look at health reimbursement arrangements for qualified small employers and available group health design options.
In addition, find out how the expansion of the “investment advice fiduciary” definition in the ERISA Fiduciary Rule will impact you, and look at ways to ensure compliance once it’s fully enacted.
A comprehensive collection of clarifications
Stay on top of recent developments with guidance from seasoned practitioners on a variety of employee benefits plan topics, including:
- The impact for employers of Wisconsin’s new Safe at Home Program
- Administering benefit plans when an employee dies
- Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS) overview
- Executive and deferred compensation updates
- The overhaul of the IRS Determination Letter program and how you should respond
Plus, receive a detailed review of significant ERISA and employee benefit cases from the United States Supreme Court, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the federal district courts from the past year.
The only constant is change
Employee benefits practice is all about attracting, retaining, and incentivizing the best employees using compensation and benefits. The 13th Annual Employee Benefits Update is your map through the complicated rules governing this aspect of law. Purchase today!
Original Seminar Date 9/1/17
Book Sale – Save 20%!
Wisconsin Wages and Hours Handbook
Save 20% on Wisconsin Wages and Hours Handbook. Plus, all seminar attendees receive a free two-week trial of the Books UnBound® version.* Skillfully handle issues ranging from compensable work hours and overtime to payroll deductions and special rules for seasonal workers.
Use discount code CA2640 when you order online or by calling (800) 728-7788.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users, discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.