39th Annual Torts Update - 2016
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
Who should purchase:
- Tort litigators
- Personal injury lawyers
- Insurance lawyers
- Civil litigators
How you’ll benefit:
- Explore the newest torts cases and changes from the past year
- Discover how to access medical records free of charge using the Federal HITECH Act
- Avoid improper verdicts by ensuring the five-sixths rule is met
- Learn how recent legislative updates affect statutes of limitation, immunities, dog injury claims, and more
- Hear from judges on what they prefer from litigators
- Dissect court decisions in cases with Daubert hearings
- Get guidance in making requests for social media in discovery
Your torts playbook
Hold on to your hats! It’s been a busy year of important cases and key statutory changes in the world of torts. That’s why you won’t want to miss a minute of the 39th Annual Torts Update. We’ve compiled the issues and information you need to know to stay on top of your torts game and brought in an all-star line-up of experienced practitioners to help you make sense of it all.
Learn about the latest legislative changes impacting torts cases, including:
- Statutes of limitations
- Dog injuries
- Sponsorship liability for minors
Five years after the Daubert decision, where are we now? Get a closer look at Wisconsin’s Daubert rulings and any potential trends. Plus, find out how the federal HITECH Act makes it possible for attorneys to obtain client health records more quickly – and even free of charge.
Make no mistake, an error in the courtroom can cost you the case. Get invaluable perspectives from the bench as judges share guidance and tips on what they prefer from litigators. You’ll also find out how to get the most from social media discovery. In addition, learn how you can prevent a defective verdict through proper use of the five-sixths rule for juries.
The ball’s in your court – register now
Plus, earn 4.0 CLE credits.
Original seminar date - 9/9/16