Advising Older Clients & Their Families - 2 Volume Set
Volume I: 524+ pp.; 3rd ed. 2015-2016
Volume II: 764+ pp.; 3rd ed. 2014-2015
(includes 2017-18 Supplement)
Build your elder law practice with insights from Wisconsin authorities
Since the laws pertaining to issues that specifically affect older people are complex and dynamic, you need Advising Older Clients and Their Families Vol. I & II by your side. Written and reviewed by more than 60 of Wisconsin’s premier elder law attorneys, this is the foremost guide to elder law, specifically developed for Wisconsin practitioners.
This insightful overview of elder law is the perfect guide to turn to when building your elder law practice. You’ll learn about:
- Protecting your clients’ rights and interests
- Ways to foster relationships with your clients
- Handling initial client interviews and billing
Find answers to your critical questions
The guide’s citations to key cases, statutes, and regulations will inform you about the laws affecting the most dynamic areas of elder law practice, including:
- Asset protection
- Health care decisions
- Medicaid eligibility
- The ins-and-outs of Social Security benefits
Tons of extras to help you save time and effort
In Advising Older Clients and Their Families Vol. I & II you’ll find the practice pointers, tips, charts, forms, and other tools essential to help you build and maintain a successful elder law practice.
Stay current with the latest supplements.
Summary of contents
I Elder Law Practice and Resources
II Employment, Housing, and Family
- Overview of Elder Law Practice
- Special Ethical Considerations
- Wisconsin’s Elder Support Network
III Retirement, Social Security, and SSI
- Grandparents’ Rights
- Private Retirement Financing
- Social Security
- SSI and Other Governmental Income Security Program
- Veterans' Health Care Benefits
- Other Health-Care Financing Options
- Selected Estate Planning Issues for Older Clients
- Planning for Health Care Decision Making
- Guardianship and Protective Placement
- Community-Based Long-Term Care Programs
- Long-Term Care Facilities: Regulation
- Long-Term Care Facilities: Enforcement of Residents' Rights
Whether you’re just starting an elder law practice and need an introduction, or you’re experienced in elder law and want a quick reference tool, you’ll come to rely on this vital resource.
Order your copy today!