710+ pp.; 3rd ed. 2013 - 2014
(includes 2017-18 supplement)
Your indispensable litigation resource
Researched and written by Wisconsin litigation attorneys, Wisconsin Trial Practice is an invaluable resource for any attorney who enters the courtroom, and a must-have for the practicing litigator. Designed with the trial process in mind, Wisconsin Trial Practice walks you through each stage of a typical trial in the order of occurrence.
Everything you need in one place!
You’ll find clear and concise statements of law, judicial commentary, and helpful practice tips, including observations, practice pointers, and legal discussions combined into one comprehensive publication. Explore and dissect issues that arise at every stage of a trial – from pretrial conferences to post-trial motions.
This latest supplement incorporates important developments affecting trial practice in Wisconsin, including:
- Recent activities of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, such as:
- Opinions on juror questionnaires, level of deference, and peremptory challenges
- A ruling on the dead man’s statute
- A decision about using analogy in closing arguments
- Expanded discussion of expert testimony and the Daubert standard
- A Wisconsin Court of Appeals decision regarding filing motions to conform pleadings
- A Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruling on judgments of foreclosure ordering sale
More than information
Wisconsin Trial Practice offers guidance on practices and procedures that will help you prepare for every stage of a trial. It will become the resource you turn to, whether you need basic information on filing requirements or guidance on selecting jury members.
Each section contains helpful checklists, practice tips, and judicial commentary that allows you to benefit from the judicial perspective.
Save time on research and preparation
Descriptive chapter titles, extensive outlines at the beginning of each chapter, detailed headings, and a topical index make finding information in the book quick, easy, and intuitive. Whether you’re looking for tips on presenting evidence, making objections, or filing post-trial motions, the information is only seconds away. This guide is the perfect companion volume to Wisconsin Civil Procedure Before Trial. Related forms can be found in the Wisconsin Civil Litigation Forms Manual.
Summary of contents
- Preparing for Trial
- Final Pretrial Conference and Selected Pretrial Motions
- Jury Selection
- Opening Statement
- Presenting Evidence and Examining Witnesses
- Making Trial Objections and Protecting the Record
- Jury Management During Trial
- Motions During Trial
- Closing Argument
- Jury Instructions
- Jury Deliberations
- Bench Trials
- Post-Trial Motions
Table of Cases
Table of Statutes, Regulations, and Rules
Don’t wait to order this essential resource for Wisconsin litigation practitioners!