800+ pp.; 4th ed., 2017-2018
Get answers to your nonprofit legal questions
What forms of fund-raising are permitted for nonprofits? Can they engage in lobbying? What liabilities do officers and directors face?
If you're an attorney who advises nonprofits and you're looking for basic, practical guidance, you can confidently turn to A Guide for Wisconsin Nonprofit Organizations. More than 30 authors, reviewers, and other contributors have given their expertise to this book — newly supplemented in 2011.
One source for all your nonprofit research
The Guide walks you through all phases of a nonprofit’s life-cycle from formation to dissolution — giving you a time-saving place to start all your nonprofit research.
Have the right tool when you need it
Your practice will be more efficient when you take advantage of the Guide's easy-to-use practice tips, checklists, forms, and cautions. A complete index makes it easy to locate information quickly.
New in the fourth edition
Now updated as a fourth edition, the Guide reflects a variety of key legal developments, including:
- Changes made by the 2017 federal tax reform law such as:
- A reduction of the corporate income tax rate which applies to unrelated business taxable income (UBTI)
- UTBI increases based on payments made or amounts incurred for certain fringe benefits
- New excise taxes on certain college/university endowments and “excess” compensation
- New author commentary on workplace sexual harassment policies
- The current legal status of overtime pay regulations
- Repeal and replacement of Wis. Stat. ch. 11, Campaign Financing
All case law, statutory, and regulatory citations have been updated. Each chapter has also been revised to incorporate materials from previous supplements.
Summary of contents
- The Organizational Form
- Tax Treatment
- The Roles of Directors and Officers
- Liability Issues and Insurance Needs
- Employment-law Considerations
- Employee Benefits
- Regulation of Fund-raising
- Regulatory Control of Lobbying and Political Activities
- Merger, Conversion, Sale of Assets, and Dissolution
Have the answers at hand
For all your nonprofit legal questions, from the general to the specific, make A Guide for Wisconsin Nonprofit Organizations your practice resource.
Order your copy today!