2nd edition -
(Includes 2017-2018 Supplement)
Get ethics opinions from the source
Now everyone in your firm can easily locate the original Wisconsin ethics opinions by using one convenient source — Wisconsin Ethics Opinions. With its easy-to-read format and detailed subject index, this book greatly facilitates your research.
Wisconsin Ethics Opinions contains the complete text of opinions issued since 1954 — including Formal and Informal Opinions and Memorandum Decisions –by the State Bar’s Standing Committee on Professional Ethics. Opinions of the committee apply the Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys and the prior standards in the Code of Professional Responsibility to specific factual situations. Although not binding, these ethics opinions constitute an important source of ethics guidance for Wisconsin lawyers.
Revised for 2017-2018, Wisconsin Ethics Opinions includes new and revised formal, informal, and memorandum opinions discussing topics such as:
- When a lawyer may interact with a person represented by another lawyer
- Clarification on the interaction between a local court rule and the Wisconsin Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys
- A lawyer’s responsibilities when a client gives a third party a lien on settlement proceeds
- The ethical obligations of attorneys using cloud computing
This edition includes recent Ethical Dilemmas columns from the InsideTrack enewsletter published since the 2016-2017 supplement. In addition, a number of opinions have been withdrawn and will be designated as such in this printing.
Summary of contents
- How to Use This Book
- Table of Opinions
- Memorandum Opinions
- Informal Opinions
- Formal Opinions
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys (SCR Chapter 20)
- Areas of Practice Index
- Subject Index
Find help when you need it
Wisconsin Ethics Opinions is your go-to source for the ethics opinion you’re looking for to help you stay within the standards of professional conduct the Wisconsin Supreme Court has defined.
Order your copy today!