Discovery Law and Practice, Wisconsin
614+ pp.; 5th ed. 2017-2018
The source for Wisconsin discovery law
With Wisconsin Discovery Law and Practice, you not only get the authority on Wisconsin discovery law, you tap into the knowledge and experience of some of Wisconsin’s most successful litigators. You’ll find hundreds of tips that will make you not just a competent lawyer, but an exceptional lawyer in the realm of discovery.
- Understand the scope of discovery that is available to you.
- Learn the function and advantages of both formal and informal discovery.
- See how you can modify discovery procedures.
- Know how the general requirement of relevance affects your actions and your case.
- Understand the role of privileges and immunities in limiting the nature and extent of discovery, and the application of the doctrine of waiver/forfeiture in a discovery setting.
Tools you can use!
You’ll find Discovery Law and Practice is packed with hundreds of useful examples, practice tips, instructions, and sample questions addressing the key facets of discovery – from initial discovery to interrogatories, to inspection of documents, places, and things, all the way through judicial supervision and enforcement. You’ll find the guides, samples, and lists you need not only to perform discovery, but to excel at it.
Wisconsin Discovery Law and Practice has been revised for 2017-2018 to include key developments such as:
- A Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling on the circuit court’s authority to appoint and delegate pretrial responsibilities to a referee
- Guidance from federal courts on discovery-related matters, including:
- The time for giving notice of a deposition
- Sanctions for using “boilerplate” objections to discovery
- Requests for admission
- Production and preservation of electronically stored information (ESI)
- Expert testimony
- Updated forms to reflect the mandatory e-filing rule
- A new section on using experts in e-discovery disputes
- A new appendix containing resources for deposing an expert witness
From the basics to highly advanced
The book’s 10 chapters, sample forms, and thorough index will help you clarify discovery law in Wisconsin. In Wisconsin Discovery Law and Practice you will find a thorough guide to the discovery process, from the basics of discovery such as the purpose, methods, advantages, or disadvantages of discovery, to highly advanced techniques, such as objections, inspections, or another of the hundreds of aspects of discovery law.
Summary of contents
- Introduction to Discovery
- Scope of Discovery
- Requests for Admissions
- Inspection of Documents, Things, and Places
- Electronic Discovery Law
- Physical, Mental, and Vocational Examinations
- Experts in the Discovery Process
- Judicial Supervision and Enforcement
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes, Regulations, and Rules
The guidance and advice you’ve been seeking
Wisconsin Discovery Law and Practice offers an efficient guide to the discovery process in Wisconsin. For those who spend only part of their time in litigation, the book will become a valuable reference as you work your way through your case. For those whose entire practice deals with litigation, the book will become your guiding authority for discovery in Wisconsin. Order today!