596+ pp.; 4th ed, 2013-2014
(includes 2017-18 supplement)
Be prepared to handle all issues relating to condos
Although the red-hot rate of condominium sales and development has cooled, plenty of condos are still being sold, managed, planned, and built. You’ll never be unprepared to handle a condominium issue —from planning and development through financing, and from insurance through governance —with the Wisconsin Condominium Law Handbook at your side.
Helping Wisconsin practitioners since 1981
This real estate practice book was designed for Wisconsin attorneys who represent condominium developers and associations, unit sellers, and unit purchasers. Generations of practitioners have found it to be indispensable.
You’ll find everything you need to research an issue quickly and thoroughly with the Handbook’s concise analysis, timely case law, and relevant references to statutes and regulations. And you’ll know it’s current because the same experienced Wisconsin real estate attorneys who wrote it keep it up to date with regular supplements.
New supplement keeps you current
Find the latest legal developments and changes affecting condominium law in the 2017-2018 supplement, including:
- A Wisconsin Supreme Court decision regarding unpaid assessments and access to recreational facilities
- A Wisconsin Court of Appeals ruling defining “developer” and “third party” in relation to conveyance and assessment of expenses
- Discussion of whether federal securities laws govern real estate and rental management contracts as a package
- Amendments to SEC Rule 147 and creation of new Rule 147A that may be attractive to Wisconsin developers
Summary of contents
- Overview of Wisconsin Condominium Law
- Condominium Financing
- Condominium Listing and Brokerage
- Condominium Development and Documentation
- Association of Unit Owners
- Representing the Unit Buyer
- Title Insurance
- Conversion to Condominium
- Income Tax Considerations
- Securities Law Considerations
- Special Units
- Statutory Small Condominiums
Useful forms and checklists
With the Handbook, you’ll keep your clients on track with useful checklists for things like annual condo management and setting the annual operating budget, as well as for condo development and closings. You’ll be a step ahead with the State-Bar-developed forms and contracts, such as deeds, mortgages, and notices of conversion.
Get ready for the future of condo law
With the Wisconsin Condominium Law Handbook — and its companion from the State Bar of Wisconsin CLE library, the Drafter's Guide to Wisconsin Condominium Documents — you’ll have the indispensable resources you need for handling condominium issues and questions in Wisconsin.
Order your copy today!