562+ pp.; 6th ed. 2017-2018
(Includes 2018-2019 Supplement )
Have the same information judges use at your fingertips
Know what procedures the court follows in family law cases, and be ready for the types of questions the court might ask, thanks to the Wisconsin Judicial Benchbook: Volume III – Family. It’s a great way to get your family law cases right the first time by using the same resource that judges use to evaluate them.
A roadmap to get you to your destination
In this Benchbook, you’ll find a general guide to the most essential issues of a family law case in a quick and easy-to-follow outline format. Key steps are highlighted alongside citations to the most relevant cases and statutes. You’ll have quick access to a variety of unique references and resources, including:
- Child support calculation tables
- Language for a model QDRO
- Timetables for child support enforcement review hearings
- Grid for determining respective rights of certain parties in visitation disputes
- Flowcharts illustrating procedures under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
Essential information at your command
With the Family Law Benchbook, you’ll save time and avoid guesswork when preparing or trying a family law case. It will be your handy, on-the-spot reference — whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the Wisconsin court system.
Stay current with the latest version
The 2018-2019 supplement incorporates important new information such as:
- A revised chapter on child custody and physical placement reflecting the Wisconsin Legislature’s 2018 rewrite of Wisconsin’s child-relocation statute
- An updated chapter on child support incorporating administrative rules changes to the child support percentage-of-income standard, effective July 1, 2018
- Notes on the federal tax reform act and its effect on deductions and exemptions for families after divorce
Summary of contents
- Stipulated Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in Family Cases
- Use of Contempt
- Other Enforcement
- Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA)
- Tax Checklist
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Family Support
- Attorney, Guardian ad Litem Fees/Expert Costs
- Custody and Physical Placement
- Visitation Rights of Certain Persons
- Interstate Conflicts (UCCJEA/PKPA)
- Legal Separation and Annulments
- Other Actions
Don’t get caught unprepared
With this great resource, you’ll know what to expect in your case and be able to plan your strategies and decide how to proceed through each process. This will help you accurately inform your clients about what they should expect, what options may be available, and how the court may look at specific facets of their case.
Order your copy today!
Order the entire Judicial Benchbook Library!