496+ pp; 5th ed. 2018-2019
5th ed. 2018-2019
Organizing a Wisconsin Business Corporation provides all the essential forms for incorporating a business, including:
- Articles of incorporation
- Share certificates
- Minutes of organizational meetings
- Subscription agreements
The forms are annotated with comments that explain the sample form language, review the statutory requirements, and describe alternative provisions. Standard articles of incorporation and bylaws appear in short and long form to accommodate corporations of varying complexity. You will also find guidance on how to modify the standard articles and bylaws for statutory close corporations, S corporations, and service corporations.
A separate chapter addresses annual reports, annual and special meetings, and the use of consent resolutions.
New 5th Edition
This newly updated version includes:
- Revised discussions of corporate entity choice and corporate investment in light of changes to the Internal Revenue Code under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Information about benefit corporations, a new category of Wisconsin corporation that permits corporations to consider factors other than shareholder value when taking corporate action
- An expanded discussion of methods of evidencing issuance of shares, including issuance of uncertificated stock shares and digital share certificates
- Recent legislative developments allowing shareholder meetings to be conducted by remote communication in part or entirety
Statutory references, case law citations, and downloadable forms have also been updated.
Summary of contents
- Beginning the Incorporation Process
- Articles of Incorporation
- Subscription Agreements and Share Certificates
- Completing the Organization of the Corporation
- Beyond the Organization of the Corporation
- Incorporations by Conversion
Table of Statutes, Regulations, and Rules