Adult Guardian Ad Litem Training 2017 - Webcast Replay
8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. CT
Event ID: CA2585R8
12/14/2017 8:30:00 AM12/14/2017 4:30:00 PMAmerica/ChicagoAdult Guardian Ad Litem Training 2017 - Webcast Replay8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. CT, WebcastWebcastState Bar of Wisconsinwebmaster@wisbar.org
About the Program
Who should attend:
- Guardians ad litem for adults
- Elder law attorneys
- Family law practitioners
How you’ll benefit:
- Know how to handle a GAL assignment from initial appointment through payment
- Discover the differences between the GAL’s role in both mediation and litigation in contested proceedings
- Understand the unique ethical duties of working with pro se petitioners and unrepresented parties
- Learn best practices for communicating with older adults
- Find out how to uncover suspected abuse during your GAL interview
The ABCs for GALs
Our popular annual training for adult guardians ad litem (GALs) is back with more important principles and helpful advice for GALs of all experience levels.
The Adult Guardian ad Litem Training 2017 takes you from your first appointment all the way through to final payment. Understand the essential skills every GAL should have, including:
- Tips for all stages of guardianship and protective placement cases
- How to navigate a temporary guardianship
- Guidelines for conducting a Watts review
- Ways of working with pro se petitioners and unrepresented parties
- The unique ethical duties, responsibilities, and implications GALs face
Great guidance for guardians
You’ll also learn the finer points of communication in various challenging situations, such as:
- Best practices for interviewing adults with dementia, mental illness, disabilities, and other impairments
- What to do if you suspect abuse or mistreatment
- How to approach mediation and litigation in contested guardianship proceedings
Whether you’re a brand new GAL or have been doing it for years, the Adult Guardian ad Litem Training 2017 will equip you with crucial tools you need to succeed. Register today!
Book Sale –Save 20%!
Guardian ad Litem Handbook
Save 20% on the Guardian ad Litem Handbook.* Discover essential and practical information not only for handling the legal issues you’ll encounter as a GAL, but also for understanding the human side of your cases.
Just use discount code CA2585 when ordering online or calling (800) 728-7788. Seminar registrants receive a two-week free trial of the Books UnBound® version of this title.
*Discount applies to both print and digital Books UnBound® editions of this title and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid as long as CLE credit is available for this program. For Books UnBound users,discount may be applied to purchase of individual Books UnBound title only and may not be used on purchase of full library.