2014 Wisconsin Solo & Small Firm Conference
October 23, 2014 October 25, 2014
Don’t Miss the Event of the Year for Solos and Small Firms!
For the solo or small firm practitioner, there’s only one conference dedicated to helping you build your business while also improving your life — the 2014 Wisconsin Solo and Small Firm Conference at the Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells.
Visit our (microsite) for the full schedule of breakout sessions, plenaries, and social events.
Choose from 31 Breakout Sessions in 4 Concentrations
Be your own boss at the Solo/Small Conference by customizing your schedule to fit your interests and needs. Over a three-day period, you can choose from educational sessions in four different tracks:
- Practice Management: From Hanging Your Shingle to Taking Down Your Shingle, this track features sessions that equip you with the knowledge to succeed throughout the life-cycle of a law firm.
- Quality of Life/Ethics: Learn to live the good life with guidance on managing stress, handling difficult people, and navigating real life ethical situations.
- Substantive Law: Get the essential information on recent laws affecting your clients and society including Same-Sex Marriage in Wisconsin: Rights, Privileges, and Obligations; Tax Challenges in a Time of Budget Cuts, Staff Reductions, and Expanded Responsibilities; and snIPpets: Intellectual Property Awareness for Any Practice.
- Technology: Whether you’re at the cutting edge of technology and need guidance on cloud security or looking to get more out of the basics like Microsoft Outlook, this track has you covered.
Plenaries that Engage, Educate, and Entertain
Four captivating plenaries – including two that welcome spouses – pulls everyone together to socialize and learn about important topics like communication and finances.
- One Big Happy Family: How We Communicate at Work and Home to Maximize Possibilities: Spouses are welcome at the session that promises laughs and real tools to improve communication within all aspects of life.
- Financial Personality and the Practice of Law: Another chance to bring your spouse so that both of you can benefit from understanding each other’s financial personalities.
- Gizmos, Gadgets, and Widgets: The WSSFC-favorite is back and filled with more gizmos and gadgets you may not have known existed, but now have to have!
- What NASCAR, Jay-Z, and the Jersey Shore Teach About Attorney Ethics: Pop culture isn’t just about entertainment – it can teach valuable lessons about ethics and rules of professional conduct.
Get $50, 50%, or 100% Off of Tuition!
Register by Monday, September 15th to save up to $50 or become an Ultimate Pass Gold subscriber and get tuition for FREE! Visit wisbar.org/ultimatepass to learn more about the Ultimate Pass Gold or the Ultimate Pass Silver, which earns you 50% off of tuition.
Be Part of the Clan at the Kalahari!
Ideally located in the heart of Wisconsin, the Kalahari Resort features a 27-hole golf club, spa, dining, retail shopping, movie theater, and waterparks. Bring the entire family for a mini-vacation! WSSFC attendees can receive a special room rate. Rates are $104 plus tax per night for a standard room on Wednesday and Thursday. Stay the weekend for as low as $129 plus tax per night for a standard room on Friday and Saturday. All rooms include waterpark passes for 4 people. To reserve your room, call (877) 525-2427 by September 22nd. Please mention that you are with the Solo and Small Firm Conference to receive these rates.