Small Claims Court: Answering Your Legal Questions
Small claims court provides an informal way to resolve minor lawsuits and other legal problems, but it requires assessing the legal and factual merits of the case, including the possibility that the defendant might file a counterclaim against you.
The information covered:
- What’s the purpose of small claims court?
- How do you sue in small claims court?
- How much does it cost to sue in small claims court?
- What is the procedure once the case is started?
- Do you need a lawyer for a small claims case?
- What happens if you win your case?
- What happens if you lose?
Last updated: 9/2012