Buying/Selling Residential Real Estate: Answering Your Legal Questions
For those buying or selling a home there are a mutlitude of considerations. This pamphlet provides basic information on land contracts, offers to purchase, property information, deeds, new home construction, and more. It focuses on specific stages in the process when a lawyer's advice would be helpful, even crucial, to get the best results for you. By law, only an attorney can provide you legal advice – not a real estate agent, loan officer, or closing agent.
The information covered:
- What is the Offer to Purchase?
- What happens at the closing?
- What about real estate agents?
- What is FSBO?
- How can an attorney help a buyer?
- What legal issues does financing involve?
- What is title insurance and why do I need it?
- What are my options for holding title?
- What if I'm building a home?
- How can an attorney help a seller?
- What about tax considerations?
Last updated: 9/2012