38th Annual Torts Update (2015)
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
About the Program
Keep Your Competitive Edge
Stay at the top of your game with valuable sessions covering some of the most important torts issues from the past year. The 38th Annual Torts Update is a quick-hitting program reviewing the impact of recent legislation, policy, and case law on torts. This update will address a wide range of topics including:
- Electronic medical records: Learn the ins and outs of EMR requests and how they can benefit you and your clients
- Dispute Resolution: the latest developments, plus ways to avoid mandatory arbitration
- Subrogation: strategies for when medical providers refuse insurance and bill the patient
- Nursing homes: effective application of Chapter 51 and Section 1983
- Governmental and recreational immunity: their changing scope and bearing
Earn 4.0 CLE Credits
This program also includes an ethics session outlining issues you could encounter in a deposition if your opposition is being unreasonable or resorting to abusive behavior. If the judge says you should “work it out,” what is your best move towards conflict resolution? When, if ever, does this type of behavior constitute professional misconduct? Gain a solid understanding of deposition ethics and practices that will benefit you no matter your experience.