Adult Guardian ad Litem Training - 2012
Attention Ultimate Pass Holders!
There is no need to purchase a CLE OnDemand program; as an Ultimate Pass holder, you have access to all CLE OnDemand titles. Click here or select myStateBar at the top of the page, log-in, and choose the myMedia section. All titles will be listed under "My On Demand."
As Baby Boomers age, the need for trained guardians ad litem grows
About the Program
Who should watch:
- Guardians ad litem
- Elder law attorneys
- Family law attorneys
- Health law attorneys
What you’ll learn:
- Adult GAL basics
- Ethics and the GAL
- Implications of the Helen E.F. decision
- Mediation skills in high-conflict situations
- Protecting at-risk adults from abuse
Each year, State Bar of Wisconsin PINNACLE assembles expert faculty to present a seminar that will bring experienced guardian ad litem practitioners up to date and provide those interested with an introduction to the profession.
A good start
For those who are new to adult guardianship, this seminar helps to establish a solid foundation. You’ll learn about:
- Adult GAL basics: What guardianship is, protective placements defined, explanation of Watts reviews
- Ethics and the GAL: Competency requirements, the value of communication, handling post-appointment conflicts
Build your knowledge
Because many members attend this annual program every year, 2012 Adult GAL Training presents new sets of issues in greater depth. For example:
- Exploring implications of the Helen E.F. decision; whether or not a court can mentally commit a person with Alzheimer's disease and challenging behaviors, or whether a Chapter 55 protective placement is the appropriate step to take
- Using mediation skills in high-conflict situations in the context of the GAL experience
- Detecting and dealing with abuse of adults at risk, including filing restraining orders
Gain knowledge and CLE credits
Plan now to attend 2012 Adult GAL Training so you can learn from highly regarded professionals in the field how to successfully protect proposed wards who can no longer protect themselves – and earn all your required Adult GAL credits including ethics.
Watch on demand today!