Wages and Hours Handbook, Wisconsin
434+ pp.; 4th ed., 2016
(Includes 2017-2018 Supplement)
Tackle wages and hours questions with confidence
The laws and regulations that govern compensation are dynamic and complex, and both employees and employers can be adversely affected when mutual rights and responsibilities are unknown, misunderstood, or ignored. You can avoid that by making the Wisconsin Wages and Hours Handbook your trusted reference for skillfully handling workforce issues such as:
- Compensable work hours
- Calculating overtime
- Exempt vs. nonexempt status for overtime
- Permissible and impermissible payroll deductions
- Recourse for employees who are not paid properly or on time
- Special rules for migrant and seasonal workers
- And much more!
The 2017-18 supplement reflects key recent legal developments, such as:
- Statutory changes as to who is an employee for purposes of wage and hour laws
- Amended state laws relating to the prevailing wage
- An updated U.S. Department of Labor table showing overtime exemption eligibility
- Information on obtaining the revised Wisconsin workers with disabilities rights poster
Having employees raises many questions
From minors starting their first jobs to high-level executives earning six-plus-figure salaries, be confident in any employment situation by taking advantage of the Wisconsin Wages and Hours Handbook’s variety of legal tools.
Summary of contents
- Basic History and Concepts of State and Federal Wage and Hour Laws
- Coverage Under Minimum-Wage and Overtime Laws
- Minimum-Wage Laws
- Overtime Laws
- Record Keeping
- Child Labor Laws and Regulations
- Enforcement of Minimum-Wage and Overtime Laws
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Workers
Protect employers and employees alike
Whether you’re representing employers or employees, the Handbook is designed for the protection of all. So guard against legal violations by using the Handbook’s detailed analyses of federal laws, along with the official text of Wisconsin’s most often cited wage and hour statutes and regulations.
Find specific information fast
If you deal with employment law in any way, you’ll be glad you added the Wisconsin Wages and Hours Handbook to your library. Order your copy of this well-organized paperback today!
Order your copy today!