276 pp. 4th ed. 2009
(Includes 2015-2016 supplement)
Understand the basis of airtight easements and covenants
Good fences aren’t the only things that make good neighbors — easements and restrictive covenants can also promote harmony. Unfortunately, easements and covenants sometimes invite litigation.
If you deal with real property, you need the Wisconsin Law of Easements and Restrictive Covenants. It provides a comprehensive look at the statutes and case law, as well as evolving issues. Armed with this background, you’ll be more able to avoid common pitfalls and provide more effective representation.
Thorough look at easements
The seven chapters on easements cover the full range of concerns and issues, including:
- A discussion of utility easements, especially high-voltage transmission lines
- A section dealing with conservation easements
- Case law discussing the use of piers, slips, and docks on riparian land
Solid material on covenants
Two chapters review the general concepts underlying restrictive covenants, and cover the public policy and interpretive guidelines that Wisconsin courts have come up with in construing and enforcing covenants.
Stay current with the latest supplement
The 2015-2016 supplement incorporates recent court decisions and additional analysis of easement concepts, including:
- Amendment to Chapter 234 of the Wisconsin Statutes regarding use of certified survey maps to grant easements
- Wisconsin Supreme Court decision on easement extension by a dominant owner
- Wisconsin Court of Appeals holding regarding modifying the description of a servient property
- New sections on “no-build” easements, declaratory judgments, and restrictive covenants
- Additional discussion on termination because of impossibility
Table of contents
- Definition and Characteristics of an Easement
- Creation of Easements
- Construction Issues
- Drafting Considerations
- Amendment and Termination of Easements
- Enforcement of Easements
- Use of Owners' Associations to Administer Easements
- Restrictive Covenants: Considerations and Construction
- Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants
- Selected Wisconsin Statutes
- Parking Lot Easement Agreement
- Joint Driveway Easement Agreement
- Declaration of Easement for Private Road and Public Utilities
- Utility Easement Agreement
- Release of Recorded Easement
Both the print and Books UnBound versions include a complete set of fillable, unannotated forms via download .
Be at ease with easements and covenants
If you handle any cases involving land use and boundary disputes, you’ll want to add the new Wisconsin Law of Easements and Covenants to your library.
Order your copy today!
This book is currently titled Wisconsin Law of Easements and Covenants and was previously published as Wisconsin Law of Easements. The future edition will be retitled to Wisconsin Law of Easements and Restrictive Covenants to more accurately reflect the books contents.